3x5 Area Rugs
Rugs have magic powers. Aside from breathing necessary warmth and homeliness into any room (even in modern and minimalist homes), softening even the most sterile environment, they also have the power to tie together a room and color scheme, inject color into an otherwise bland room, help tone down an otherwise cluttered space, can be used to divide large spaces into cozier areas in loft and open plan living spaces, and they can even make a room feel smaller or more spacious – depending on their size and where you place them.
And they’re not just for cold floors – they work well on carpeted areas too. Rugs are a fabulous alternative or add-on to wall-to-wall carpeting. They offer an added layer of protection to your floors or carpet and are especially good for use in high-traffic areas like hallways, and they also add softness and coziness to carpeted bedrooms or living rooms.
Floral 3x5 Rugs
From the vibrant color palette of an English cottage garden to the serene beauty of a Zen tea garden, floral rugs can have a vibe as varied as the gardens of the world. What they have in common is a fresh, outdoor-in feel that is bound to cheer up any space. Thinking of rolling out a floral rug in your space? Here are a few design rules to bear in mind:
- Don’t let a fear of color hold you back! A floral rug can be bold and bright, soft, and single-hued or even graphic black and white.
- If you do opt for a floral rug with a bright color palette, let it be the star of the show — include some white space (i.e., crisp white walls) to give your eyes a place to rest.
- When it comes to pattern mixing, remember the rule of three: Choose one big, bold pattern (most likely this will be your floral rug), one midsize geometric print and one narrow stripe.
- Patterns that go well with floral rugs include stripes, dots, Indian block prints and small geometric designs like diamonds.
- If your floral rug includes more than one color in the design, pick just 1-2 hues you love and repeat them in accessories (i.e., pillows, vases, throws) throughout the room.
- Don’t get hung up on matching your curtains to your floral rug — crisp white or neutral curtains will create a lighter look around your windows and work with just about any rug you choose.
- Large furniture pieces like armchairs and couches are foundational elements, so it’s generally best to keep these in neutral territory, too. You can bring a little zest (and pick up a color from your floral rug) by layering on pillows and a throw.
Not sure how to style your 3x5 floral rug? Get inspired by these ideas.
- Pair a bright, bold floral rug with vintage flea market furniture and white slipcovers to get that vintage-inspired Shabby Chic look.
- Bring a touch of nature to a minimalist modern space with a tropical or stylized floral rug.
- Complement an elegant traditional room with a subtle grey or beige floral rug and textiles in a range of textures from nubby linen to smooth silk.
- Get that popular farmhouse look with simple, chunky furniture in solid wood and neutral upholstery paired with a floral rug in a single, soothing hue like blue or grey.
3x5 Geometric Rugs
Geometric rugs are a great way to add more life to a more neutral scheme and have become a popular feature in homes as trends have become more minimalist and sleek.
Geometric patterns are a classic design staple that can add excitement and energy to a room. The beauty of geometry in design is that it is both subtle and vibrant; the repetition of lines and shapes keeps it simple while bold and blocks of colour make it stand out amongst other furniture pieces. A geometric print can be act as the foundation for a room’s design, forming the centre piece of the new interior. Geometric rugs are a perfect piece of furniture for this.
Shapes and patterns give rugs a special kind of depth that adds to the dimensions of your room. These rugs can make a room look wider, longer, taller, or give texture to hardwood floors. The colors themselves enhance the room, but the shapes on a rug make the style of your room pop. Geometric rugs often have many shapes, colors, and patterns on them. They can be as loud as you want or as muted as you want.
3x5 rugs are roughly 92 to 153 centimeters long. In terms of inches, they are 36 to 60 inches.
3x5 rugs can be used for hallways and small to medium-sized rooms where you have a square-like space available.