Why Pick a Boho Rug?
We all know rugs are one of the essential elements of our rooms. They can instantly elevate the spirit of the room and give warmth and softness. Boho Rugs, which stands for “Bohemian Rugs” are known for their free spirit and artistic styles. So if you are the kind of person who enjoys bright colors, a wide variety of patterns, and fun designs, you should definitely check boho area rugs. If you want to spice up your living space or define yourself as a free-spirited person, you might consider bohemian fashion. Bohemian style is all about being unconventional, highly expressive, and laid back. A Boho rug can keep things interesting by being casual, cozy, and comfortable all the same time. Bohemian carpets show themselves in any decoration they are used in. A bright and colorful bohemian rug can draw attention to itself. At the same time, a more neutral-colored one can be the perfect addition to your general design. You can also hang your boho rugs on a wall and immediately change the feel of the room. All in all, having a boho rug is both stylish and practical.
Colors, Patterns, and Sizes
Choosing the right boho rug can be seen as a daunting task. A boho rug can be in many colors or shapes. Many different colors can be paired to have the desired effect. Simple gray or tan colors paired with muted colors can create a soothing boho space. In contrast, a bright red, orange, and yellow paired carpet could be the center of attention. There is a wide variety of patterns ranging from simple geometric patterns to middle eastern or oriental patterns. Boho rugs which contain geometric designs are ideal for having a modern twist on a traditional pattern. If you are looking for a more refreshing boost of color for your centerpiece, then a vibrant, colorful, and vintage-inspired boho rug can be the answer.
Because boho rugs come in a wide variety of colors and sizes, they can be used almost anywhere in your home. You can use your boho rug even outside! You can go for a round-shaped rug with eye-catching geometric patterns if you want to highlight an area. Want to cover a larger area like a living room? No worries, depending on your furniture's color palette, you can go for a rectangular carpet. You can add a sense of fashion to your kitchen or bathroom with smaller sizes. Bohemian area rugs come in rectangular, round, and oval shapes. Feel free to use them because, as you know, being free is the key to the bohemian style.
- Living Rooms: A boho area rug can transform your living room by giving personality, texture, and warmth. Using a subtle design can anchor your overall scheme, or using a stronger rug can dictate the tone of the whole living room. Using a modern boho rug or a vintage one with traditional motifs can positively affect your design. Placing the rug in the center area that boosts your style will make your living room much more cozy and homey.
- Dining Rooms: Placing a rug under the table that matches the table's shape is always a good design choice. A rug can protect your floors from scooting your chairs in and out. Apart from helping your floors stay in good shape, a boho rug under the table looks great!
- Bedrooms: Boho rugs can be used in any bedroom with no restrictions on age or gender. A boho rug would fit in perfectly if your bedroom is a more eclectic mix of styles. Bedroom area rugs keep your space warmer in both senses, i.e., temperature and the feeling. No one wants to step on a cold floor, especially in the cold winters, right?
- Kitchens: Ultimately, a kitchen needs to be practical, but that doesn't mean you can't use a rug in your kitchen. You may think spills can be a problem but choosing a suitable material, such as a polypropylene boho rug that can be cleaned easily, is the answer! Polypropylene is resistant to staining and wear. It's very tough and easy to clean. A slip-, stain-and water-resistant boho rug will surely raise your mood during time spent in the kitchen.
- Entryway and Hallways: Boho rugs with smaller sizes can be used in your entryways and hallways. Depending on the color of your furniture or decorations, a well-selected rug can be very stylish. High-traffic areas like hallways or kitchens can be preserved by using the correct boho rugs.
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms are not the first place when people think about rugs. A boho rug in your bathroom offers warmth and luxury instead of a cold floor. Apart from looking good, having a rug in your bathroom also has practical uses. If children or elderly people live in your house, having a rug in your bathroom can prevent slips or falls and, most importantly, give you peace of mind.
- Outdoors: Sadly, outdoor spaces such as patios are often neglected when it comes to rugs. An outdoor boho rug placed on your patio can be the makeover you need. Boho rugs can also look amazing outside and serve as a way to show your personality. It's a way of making your outdoor space as aesthetic and comfortable as any other space inside.
From the physical properties such as insulation or sounds absorption to the aesthetic properties, area rugs are invaluable pieces of our homes. There are many options to choose from various rug alternatives, but boho rugs can almost always fit your spaces, especially if you are interested in a laid-back and artistic style.
Here are some of our other blog posts that can help you pick the right rug for your interior design: